Reiki Healing Energy
by Alyssa Hutchinson
. . .
Reiki is a Japanese healing technique that is believed to have originated in the early 20th century. The founder of modern-day Reiki, Mikao Usui, developed the practice after a period of intense meditation and study of ancient Buddhist texts. However, the practice of healing with energy dates back thousands of years. The word Reiki is derived from two Japanese words, "rei" meaning universal and "ki" meaning life force energy.
The practice of Reiki involves the practitioner channeling this energy, in through their crown chakra, into the heart chakra and then out through the hands, to promote relaxation, reduce stress, and improve overall well-being.
We all have access to this energy and it is owned by no one. Reiki is spiritual, but not religious. We do honor and thank Dr. Usui for bringing this sacred knowledge and healing power back into our hands.
Today, Reiki has gained popularity around the world as a holistic healing modality and is often used in hospitals and wellness centers alike to help patients cope with pain and anxiety.
Here are some of the benefits of Reiki:
- Promotes relaxation: Reiki can help to calm the mind and promote a deep sense of relaxation, which can reduce stress and anxiety.
- Reduces pain: Reiki can help to reduce pain and discomfort by promoting the body's natural healing processes.
- Improves sleep: Reiki can help to improve the quality of sleep by promoting relaxation and reducing stress.
- Boosts the immune system: Reiki can help to boost the immune system by promoting the body's natural healing processes.
- Enhances spiritual growth: Reiki can help to enhance spiritual growth by promoting a sense of inner peace and connection to a higher power.
- Reduces side effects of medication: Reiki can help to reduce the side effects of medication by promoting the body's natural healing processes.
- Balances the chakras: Reiki can help to balance the body's energy centers, or chakras, which can improve overall health and wellbeing.
Overall, Reiki can be a powerful tool for improving overall health and wellbeing. While the scientific evidence for Reiki is still limited, many people have reported feeling better after receiving Reiki treatments.
With the right guidance and practice, you may find that Reiki can be a powerful tool for promoting healing and well-being in your life.